RheX® Rotating Heat Exchanger with enhanced performance
The natural evolution of the winning RCR design: How to turn an acclaimed winner into an even better performer
With more than 5,000 units sold worldwide, the RCR rotating heat exchanger has gained a "de facto” status as best practice to recover heat from very polluted streams. Time passes and technology advances, thus, after 25 years of undisputed success, we completely re-invented the best heat recovery unit on the market.
The new RHeX model offers several advantagies over its predecessor:
- Lenticular shells are not any more welded one to the other: the new design makes them modular units which can be mounted freely on the supporting shaft. They can be, thus, removed and interchanged.
- The new patented blade design of the disk dimples allows for a positive "pushing” action on the effluent, making the unit even more suitable for thick and heavy fluids and further reducing the generated pressure loss.
- The reticular structure of the dimples and their new welding technique create a much more pressure resistant disk: with a bursting pressure of 36 bar, it safely allows for a rated inner pressure of 5 bar.
- The reduced disk pitch increases the compactness of the exchanging unit, making it possible to significantly increase heat transfer in the same footprint of the original RCR design.
- The better fluid-dynamic control of the generated turbulence allows for higher rotational speed of the exchanging surfaces, thus increasing the self-cleaning, anti-fouling action of the rotating exchanger.
|The RHeX project has received funding by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Program under Grant Agreement n° 723930.|